Policies (please read before booking)
• Prices include sales tax.
• Prices are subject to change at anytime without notice.
• Kellie Philips Photography retains all copyright ownership of all images created as a result of this portrait session. Images may not be reproduced for any reason without the express written permission of Kellie Philips.
• Ordered images are kept on file for a period of 1 year. Unordered images will be archived after 4 weeks.
• Your session fee is due at the time of booking and guarantees your appointment time.
• Your session fee is nonrefundable, but is certainly transferable in situations where you must reschedule your session. We ask that you give us as much notice as possible if you must reschedule, at least 24 hours notice is preferred.
**I believe that photos are precious to each of us, if you purchase a print from Kellie Philips Photography and the print is destroyed due to natural disaster (ie. fire, flood, tornado) please contact us for a complimentary reprint in the original form purchased.
What to Wear:
I recommend wearing something more bold and colorful
with a lot of texture to show off personality. This is an
opportunity for your child to shine! For children,
I usually recommend bare-feet for indoors and boots or shoes
that compliment their outfit for outside.
I recommend clothing that has texture, such as;
knitting, embroidery, dark faded denim, buttons and ruffles.
This type of clothing tends to photograph better and adds more visual interest.
It can be difficult to coordinate colors and not look too “matchy”.
I recommend picking a few colors, but try not to put them in the same
exact clothing. The more layers, textures and colors, the better. Just pick colors
that compliment each other. I recommend bright or deep colors
(jewel tones like mustard yellow, deep purple, turquoise, dark pink, etc.)
and try to stay away from pastels. I do recommend investing in your child’s
clothing for the session because it does make a huge difference
in the final product. Search out local or online boutiques that have one of a kind style.
Choose a style you like and a few colors you like as well.
I recommend having the parents dress fashionable yet simple and
focus more of the unique style on the kids. If you have 5 people
all dressing with a lot of layers and accessories, it can be too much. Dark
jeans that have a grit to them is always a great choice for the parents
or especially the husband. If you are going to wear a print,
stay away from small prints, since there’s not a lot of visual interest (think bold!).
Continue to think about texture and color. You may think that certain colors don’t
go together, but again, think out of the box and have fun!
**Feel free to bring a suitcase of clothing and I will help style you**